Friday, January 9, 2009

Quest for Chocolate


Nestle Chocolate
Originally uploaded by Joan Thewlis
Ever have a day when the only thing you can possibly eke out the energy to do is to eat chocolate? I am having such a day. Fortunately, I made some chocolate fudge sauce last night and as soon as I finish this post I am going to eat the leftovers with a wooden spoon, straight out of the saucepan.

Chocolate Fudge Sauce

In a small saucepan mix
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder with
1/3 cup sugar. Slowly stir in
1/3 cup water.

Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils. Continue stirring and cooking for one minute. Remove from heat.

You can serve this hot over ice cream. You can add milk to the leftovers in the saucepan the next day and heat over low heat and drink it up that way. In a chocolate emergency, you can, of course, eat it with a spoon of your liking straight from the pan.

Bye. I need to get down to my kitchen now.


A thank you to Joan Thewlis for sharing this vintage advertisement on flickr.

1 comment:

Judie and George said...

At least you can claim credit for making what you are eating. I, on the other hand, have polished off a box of powdered sugar donut holes. Chocolate is better.