Sunday, April 25, 2010

American Jane Whole Cloth Quilt

Posted by Picasa

This is my latest quilt. It is completely stitched by hand and is made with two fabrics from the American Jane collection by the Moda fabric company, one for each side. The binding is from my stash. The batting is Hobbs Heirloom Wool and I love it. It puckered up just the way I like it to when laundered, and it is a perfect sort of warm.

Here's an interesting article I found at QuiltersBee.com on the different kind of batts quilters use. It also has some tips about which needles work best. You may want to check it out.

I bought my wool from the folks at King's Men Quilting Supply Inc. The price is excellent if you are in a position to buy in bulk and the service was quick. I bought the 108x25 yd roll, so I will be working with wool from here on out. I'm very happy about that.

This quilt is about 40"x60." Just right for movie watching or tucking a little one in to bed.


No comments: