Monday, December 15, 2008

Celene's Simple Fudge

Here is a deliciously simple fudge recipe shared by the wife of my cousin. Once I had tasted it, I lamented the countless hours I had spent as a teen in my Mom's kitchen, trying to bring a mixture of cocoa, sugar, and milk to a perfect "soft ball stage, " as directed by the recipe on the side of the cocoa can. I think that this version of the best-of-confections tastes just the same. And it is sooooo much easier.

Celene's Microwave Fudge

Melt a stick of butter in a microwavable dish.

Add to the butter:
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 box (1 lb) powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
Stir until mixed well.

Cook the mixture in the microwave for two minutes on high.

Add vanilla, stirring until the fudge is no longer lumpy.
Pour into a buttered 9x9 pan.
Cool.

(Oh, yeah. It is very cool.)

A thank you to GeekMom Heather for sharing this photo on flickr.

No comments: